Less than 45 minutes until my official birthday. This birthday I begin my last year in my 20’s. It’s time to set the bar high. As my last post as a 28 year old here are the 28 takeaways from this past year:
1. It’s okay to buy products off D list celebrities on Instagram. Yes, I did get a pair of sunglasses for my birthday.
2. Wine nights with friends are essential for the soul.
3. If it’s meant to happen, it will.
4. I will always be an awful athlete.
5. Though I don’t know much about football, I do know about helping myself to the leftover tailgate goodies with friends.
6. Every holiday with my family will never be traditional or conventional.
7. Don’t be afraid to say how you feel, even if you have to take a big barrier breaking breath first.
8. The right mindset can make any situation better.
9. Having a personal chef for New Years is amazing.
10. The only way to spend surviving a snowstorm is locked inside with friends, games and drinks.
11. Karaoke is life.
12. Take pictures of everything. Capture the moment and allow yourself to go back and live in it.
13. Do not move in to an apartment for convenience or pricing. You may end up miserable with mice.
14. There’s absolutely nothing wrong with having boxed macaroni and cheese for dinner, often.
15. Believe in yourself. You’re capable of anything.
16. Fake it until you make it. Never let the fear of uncertainty hold you back from getting the job done.
17. Make sure you make friends during work training. Keep them in a group text and count on eachother.
18. Few things create strength like distance.
19. I’m a crybaby. But, it’s okay to wear your heart on your sleeve.
20. Don’t compare. No two people are ever the same in any aspect.
21. Do as much as you can. Live.
22. Work smarter, not harder.
23. Blink 182 will never be the same without Tom.
24. Niagara Falls is an amazing place that everyone should visit at least once. Stay on the Canadian side.
25. Everyone is willing to give you advice. No one knows you, like you. Follow your heart.
26. Don’t give up easy on the things worth your time.
27. Stop doing the same things you’ve always done if they serve you no good. Bad people do not deserve good people.
28. “Be Good to Yourself” -Journey
I’m going to go update my age on my Instagram and Twitter. I’m going to bed tonight grateful for everything this year has brought me. 28 was my year, my golden birthday. 29 it’s all coming together. Im ready to take you all on the journey..
Until next time.
-28 year old Sarah