A WEEKday in the life #1

Our days vary by many different things. The run of the mill work day, the weekend and whether or not you have plans, even vacation. For the most part my work week days look rather similar. I work the same hours each day and depending on my scope of work I structure things around the same time. My thought was to share with you exactly what a random Wednesday in my life might look like.

6:30 a.m. – Alarm goes on and I hit snooze

6:38 a.m. – The snooze alarm sounds and as much as I want to hit it again I know I have to get up.

7:00 a.m. – Shower, Brush teeth, Makeup, Hair, Get dressed for work

7:30 a.m. – Make egg sandwich, pour coffee into to go mug, feed cat, say bye to Steve and walk out the door to work.

7:50 a.m. – Five minutes later than I want to leave I’m in the car headed to work. I drive out of my neighborhood where people have to stop to let you go and then merge onto the highway with no merge lane. I’m telling you driving in MD and driving in MA is a new land. I eat my egg sandwich and sip on my coffee as I drive.


8:28 a.m.- I pull into my work parking lot. I have to be here by 8:30 a.m. and traffic is a complete guess, you truly never know. I’m less than 8 miles from work. Traffic is a bear.

8:35 a.m. – I get upstairs and put my lunch away and settle in and start working on notes from a meeting yesterday. I needed to make sure they looked good to send out.

8:58 a.m. – I send the notes out

9:00 a.m. – My job entails working on various different projects so I focus on those while working on a few other things.

10:30 a.m. – Snack time! I have two mini cucumbers I cut to bring for lunch

11:45 a.m. – My boss asked me to cancel a few meetings for they day and I take care of that.

12:00 p.m. – I’m working on hunting down some photos from an event we had the week prior.

12:15 p.m. – I go and grab my lunch to eat at my desk. Leftover Chipotle is on the menu for today and let me tell you it was JUST as delicious reheated the next day.

12:30 p.m. – I head out on my “real” lunch to run some errands.

12:53 p.m. – I arrive at the bank to inquire about a promotion that should have hit my account and to make a deposit.

1:08 p.m. – I leave the bank and head to McDonald’s.

1:15 p.m. – I get to McDonald’s and grab a dollar vanilla cone which was so delicious. What better way to celebrate the first day of summer?


1:43 p.m. – I arrive back at work after getting a little bit turned around. I’m still getting to know places.

2:00 p.m. – I head into our conference room for the Sales meeting.

2:18 p.m. – The meeting is cancelled and I head back to my desk.

2:30 p.m. – I start/keeping working on a few projects and the rest of the afternoon goes rather quickly.

3:24 p.m. – I snack on some White Cheddar Cheez-Its from the break room.

4:35 p.m. – I confirm with our Marketing person my hunt to find pictures has turned up a little short.

4:58 p.m. – I send an e-mail to make dinner plans for the boss and another associate.

5:33 p.m. – I confirm the actual invitation can go out tomorrow and I’m out the door for the day!

6:09 p.m. – I arrive home after what felt like a particularly long ride. At least I got to talk to my grandmom while I drove.

6:20 p.m. – I grabbed the mail and I’m in the house, changed and starting to change the cats litter box while vacuuming up litter and cleaning the bathroom.

6:45 p.m. – I sit on the couch with Steve and we make the debate on what to have for dinner. The refrigerator is rather bare so originally we were going to go out to eat. After many different thoughts we end up deciding to have breakfast for dinner.


(The classy plates are from Dixie if you’re in the market)

7:30 p.m. – We eat dinner while finishing the rest of The Bachelorette catching up from when we started it Tuesday night.

9:00 p.m. – I clean up dishes and prep things for tomorrow morning.

9:30 p.m. – We leave to run an errand for Steve’s job

10:30 p.m. – We make it back home and watch a little bit of TV before calling it a night.

10:50ish p.m. – Light outs!

Rather long post. I promise to work on getting more pictures to break up all the words. I’ll do more of these too as we go along. Thanks for reading!


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s